The Long Road Home
On a recent trip to KFC in beautiful Twin Falls ID, I had a startling experience. If the characters cooking the food weren't scary enough, a sunburned girl had the duty of retrieving the ice from the depths of that greasy hole because the machine was broken. It was generally dirty and for some reason they felt that I was undeserving of a plate. I received my tenders on the tray liner with an oversized box of potato wedges. The food was delicious in a disgusting kind of way but the natives were staring at us like we are what is wrong with the world today. I can't blame them either, I felt like a douchebag sitting next to a guy with a sidekick on speakerphone and another guy with a chrome earpiece/dangly neck mic thing. I was happy to leave and never return but before I even finished my smoke I was forced to go back. The gods had decided that I had not been disgusted enough. From the looks of the bathroom I would not be the first to unleash a stomach full of hate upon the throne this evening. Needless to say I was in a rare mood and the 1200 miles looming between me and my bed didn't help matters. It would be a long night and I will be relieved to be done with it.
On a recent trip to KFC in beautiful Twin Falls ID, I had a startling experience. If the characters cooking the food weren't scary enough, a sunburned girl had the duty of retrieving the ice from the depths of that greasy hole because the machine was broken. It was generally dirty and for some reason they felt that I was undeserving of a plate. I received my tenders on the tray liner with an oversized box of potato wedges. The food was delicious in a disgusting kind of way but the natives were staring at us like we are what is wrong with the world today. I can't blame them either, I felt like a douchebag sitting next to a guy with a sidekick on speakerphone and another guy with a chrome earpiece/dangly neck mic thing. I was happy to leave and never return but before I even finished my smoke I was forced to go back. The gods had decided that I had not been disgusted enough. From the looks of the bathroom I would not be the first to unleash a stomach full of hate upon the throne this evening. Needless to say I was in a rare mood and the 1200 miles looming between me and my bed didn't help matters. It would be a long night and I will be relieved to be done with it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home